Papercraft: first prototype

 The first thing I noticed when I was trying to create tabs for the unfolded shapes was that the shapes unfolded using "UnrollSrf" were not so effective. So I decided to unfold the 3D forms again manually.

Automated and manual unfolded shapes
    I then continued with adding tabs and score lines and then printed the shapes on cardstock. Some of the tabs ended up being too small and I couldn't add tabs to some edges because the space between one line and another was too small.





    When assembling the paper prototype I found it hard to completely close the shape because the last pieces are hard to glue together. I think if I would change the way I unfolded the 3D model to see if this problem can be solved for when I am assembling the final paper model.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refinements and HD Renders

Papercraft: Final revision

Papercraft Object: Digital samples