3D printed hollow form object: The Hybrid

     I started with generating 6 abstract concepts using mainly the distortion tools. I was mainly intrigued by forms that twisted and swirled around.

    The following are the forms I generated:

The inspiration for this model was the form of an octopus

Experimenting with twisted tentacles

mimicking the form of a tree trunk

Inspired by the pattern of seashells 

more swirling patterns and organic lines

For this form I thought it looked like the structure of a tent but I was worried that the form might have problems when 3D printing due to how thin the tentacles are.

Hybrid Idea Generation


Final Hybrid Concept


    We both agreed on using the "octopus" form that I generated and changing the orientation of the model would work better. For the final hybrid we decided to create a model that would function as a wine glass, with the "octopus" form flipped and placed at the bottom functioning as a stand/support for the upper part.

Final hybrid and 3D print simulation

    

    I added some ledges to the points where the two objects meet and connect so that they would hopefully print better.


3D print stimulation


















 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refinements and HD Renders

Papercraft: Final revision

Papercraft Object: Digital samples