Mesh Mashup: Concept generation

MESH MASHUP: CONCEPT GENERATION

    In my understanding the Remix Culture is the generation of new ideas based on concepts that already exist. This can mean putting two unrelated ideas together to create something completely new. For this assignment I started by brainstorming and researching words and phrases that are interesting to me, and then browsed through 3D model resources for further inspiration.

Taco Shell
    A literal representation of "taco stuffed in a shell".


Sailing in a Mug
    I started with a mug and thought of what can be done to create something new. This concept is inspired by the decorative glass bottles that have ships inside and I thought I could do something similar, but with an ordinary mug.



 Blooming Volcano Bouquet 
I wanted to put these completely unrelated elements together to generate the idea of an volcano explosion of flowers instead of lava. 




Mouse
    This idea started with the word mouse. I wanted to create an object that is the literal representation on both the animal mouse and the tool computer mouse, so I decide to do a mashup of the two concepts.



Cloud Planter
    For this object I wanted to create a glass decorative planter that has a cloud as the cap. The cloud can provide water necessary for the plant to live and the transparent glass bottle would allow sunlight to shine through.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4867199


Mushroom house
This object is inspired by the idea of a treehouse. I thought that if a tree can be turned into a place to live for humans, then a mushroom could also be a living space for smaller creatures.



Hand chair
    Turning a human body part into a furniture. The idea of resting on the palm of the hand.
 

Travel suitcase
    I started with the idea of travel and thought of the transportation method of train. A train serves the purposes of both storing objects and traveling on wheels, in which a suitcase serves the same purposes. I then added a suitcase handle to the train engine to create this train suitcase.



Surfing
When I think of surfing I usually associate the word with water and music. I incorporated elements of water, surfing and music to create this concept.


Birthday ring
This object is inspired by birthday presents I received. A ring is a symbol for special occasions and the occasion can be --- a birthday.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1691974/files





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refinements and HD Renders

Papercraft: Final revision

Papercraft Object: Digital samples